Employment & Training
Your community Employment & Training Coordinators are available to provide an employment needs assessments and can assist you in developing your career goals and action plans. They can also assist you in accessing funding for training programs, creating a winning resume and cover letter, interview coaching, referrals to employers and more!
Who is Eligible
The following individuals are eligible for minimum levels of service and/or financial assistance under the MKO’s employment and training programs:
- Members of the Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak, regardless of their location of residence, who are encountering barriers to securing employment, and
- Are unemployed or under-employed
The following individuals are not eligible for financial assistance under the MKO’s employment and training programs:
- Individuals who are not registered members of the Manitoba Keewatinowi Region. Those individuals may be eligible for minimum levels of service including general employment coaching, access to a career development services, and resources;
- Individuals who are actively self-employed;
- Individuals who owe the ISETS Sub Agreement Holder for previous disentitlements that have not yet been repaid in full;
- Individuals who have accessed funding for a different, un-related career field, in the past two years (after two years applicants must prove justification for their application for assistance in a different field, however funding support may not be guaranteed).
All individuals accessing any services must initially complete and sign the Participant Information Form.
All individuals accessing any type of program funds must complete and sign the additional necessary forms required under that program(s). All program funding requests are subject to availability of funds.